Monday, April 20, 2009

House Guests

Aaron's sister, Rachael, and her family were just here visiting from Montana for a couple of weeks and we were so happy when Rachael asked us if they could stay with us for a couple of nights during their 2 week stay in Olympia. We always have so much fun with them and this time was no different. Their son, Nolan (almost 3), and their daughter, Ava (11 months), are the cutest kids and I was happy to finally introduce Ashlyn to her cousins from Montana.

They came to stay with us on Thursday and we had a pretty relaxing evening just hanging out and eating the taco soup I made. Grandma and Grandpa Hufana came over and so did Evan, Kimmy, and the twins. It was so nice to have the entire family together again. Friday morning we all slept in (except for Aaron of course - I don't think he knows how to do that). Rachael and I decided to let the boys babysit while we headed down to the Gymboree and Carters outlets in Centralia. I thought I had a baby shopping problem, but Rachael takes the cake on that one! After we got back it was time to meet Grandma Debbi for lunch at the Rock in Lacey. I had never eaten there but it was pretty good. However, the real reason for the lunch selection was its close proximity to Charlie's Safari. I had heard about it, but hadn't actually been there myself. We had so much fun. In fact, I think Aaron and Scott had more fun than the kids! I must admit, I did enjoy a few games of skeeball myself. Ashlyn just chilled in the Bjorn the whole time, but she loved looking at everything and watching all the kids run around. After the Safari we were all worn out so we headed home and had Happy Teriyaki for dinner and just watched a movie and relaxed. The next morning we said our goodbyes and they headed back to Montana :(

Thank you Brown Family for such a great couple of days. We miss you guys so much and can't wait to see you again. We will definitely be planning a trip to Montana soon!


Here's Rachael and I with our little girlsRachael and the twins
Here's all the Hufana kids and their families

Aaron and Nolan playing "construction"
Little miss Ava
The Brown Family...Miss Ya already!




1 comment:

The McGovern Family said...

geez, it looks like evan is holding a doll!