Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Cardio and Childcare

After we moved to Rochester it seemed more logical (and more economical) to leave the Valley Athletic Club and join the gym down here - Thorebecks. They have two bigger gyms in Centralia and Chehalis and a small satelite gym in Rochester. Up until today I have only used the smaller gym in Rochester. It's definitely not the Valley but it's perfect for what I like to do which is cardio machines and some weights. The price tag is pretty good too :) Aaron has been pretty busy the last few weeks so he hasn't been able to watch Ashlyn while I go to the gym. As luck would have it, the Centralia and Chehalis gyms both have childcare facilities for a small fee. I've been really hesitant, okay, scared out of my mind, to leave my precious little daughter with someone I don't know. We've only ever left her with our parents so the thought of leaving her with someone I've never met freaks me out. However, I'm REALLY struggling to lose these last few pregnancy pounds and really need to start getting to the gym more. I went to the Centralia gym yesterday after lunch only to find out that the childcare center there is closed from 1-3:30 on Mondays and Fridays. I was secretly happy and relieved that I had an excuse and didn't have to leave her :) Today I had no excuses and took a huge step and took advantage of the childcare center at the Centralia gym. It actually went pretty good. The lady working was really nice and they had plenty of things for Ashlyn to play with and sit in. I normally like to spend an hour working out, but after 45 minutes I couldn't handle it anymore and went to get her. To my suprise she was totally content and being held by the lady in charge. Apparently Ashlyn did fine. So I'm happy to say I conquered another fear today. Hopefully soon I will conquer these last stubborn pounds..ughh!



Here are some recent pictures of Ashlyn...









5 comments:

The McGovern Family said...

she is so adorable! yes, i remember leaving breanna at daycare for the first time...and that was for an ENTIRE DAY! it Is hard, but don't worry, you will appreciate the time to yourself sooner or later

Shannon said...

lol your so cute! Way to go get'em Becky! Oh my gosh - she is getting so big already. I think she looks like an exact mix of both you and Aaron. So sweet -

The Cole's said...

You go girl! I'm struggling with the same last couple lbs.. I hate them.

Wait till you have another one.. I just drop my kids off to whoever will take them! I was the same way with Logan...

The Brown's said...

This made me nervous even reading about it! My poor kids are going to have to hire a sitter for me so that they can get away.

Maybe I will leave them for an hour or two when they are in Kindergarten, or not??? Ha Ha.

Mrs. Hodgen said...

so cute! Michor couldn't stop talking about her when he got home the other night from Kimmy and Evans :) by the way, got the bedding from pottery barn kids (yes i know so over priced but totally worth it!)