Thursday, January 28, 2010

Spoons

When we went to Ashlyn's 12 month appointment (it seems so long ago) in November, her pediatrician asked us if she was using a spoon yet.  It really caught me off guard because I had no idea she should even be attempting "things" like that.  **Please keep in mind Aaron and I have absolutey ZERO experience with babies, so we have no idea what Ash "should" or "should not" be doing.  I was too busy being impressed with myself and patting myself on the back that I had weened her off the bottle (thank goodness!!!).

So after leaving the ped's office I thought about what she said (it was such a minor part of our conversation, but it struck a major chord with me I guess), and I bought some toddler spoons and applesauce cups.  I had no expectations except a huge mess to clean-up, but she did awesome!  She knew exactly what she was supposed to do with the spoon!  By the time Christmas rolled around she was really getting the hang of it so it was fun to show off her new "talent."  This girl continues to amaze me everyday! 




4 comments:

MamaQ said...

So cute! I wonder if Jennifer had been having her eat with a spoon? Maybe she already had..... :)

Heidi said...

ohh..what a big girl! i love htat coat:)

Becky said...

Probably Echo! I swear she learns more from Jennifer then she does from me! Lol!

Tishelle Ward said...

So cute! What a big girl. They amaze us with what they can do just from watching us huh?