Monday, February 1, 2010

Party Time!

Our friends Cody and Trisha invited us to their daughter, Addison's, First Birthday party on Saturday.  We had such a good time!  There were quite a few kids around Ashlyn's age so she had a lot of fun playing and running around.  It was a Mickey Mouse party complete with Micky Mouse Ears for all the kids.  Ashlyn just got over a yucky cold so it was one of the first days she had been feeling good for awhile.  What a blast!

Ash took a nice long nap before the party so she would be all rested and ready to go!  I actually took this picture because I have yet to capture the odd way she sleeps.  Maybe it's normal, I don't know, but she sleeps with her hands tucked in her belly, knees to her belly, feet crossed, and butt stuck in the air!  She's done this since she was about 6 months old...so funny!



Okay, I've got my Mickey Ears on, now "let's get this party started!"

Rockin' the Mickey ears and a sweater dress.  Aaron didn't care for the outfit, but I thought it was "too cool for school!"  The only thing it was missing was some "boots with tha furrr!"  ...She will probably be getting some this week ;)

Finally - Cake Time!

The Birthday Girl!

Did I mention Ash LOVES cake?!  I don't know where she gets her sweet tooth from (lol!)?

It cracks me up when people ask me if Ashlyn is a good eater (since she is so small), because she eats like crazy!  She dazzled everyone with her "appetite" by consuming a piece of cake even I would have a hard time consuming (that says a lot!).  Hopefully she has this kind of metabolism for a long time!  

Time for a dip in the sink for the birthday girl!

Addison had opened her presents before we did the whole cake thing, but I noticed she got a new chair and foot rest combo.  As soon as I saw it I cringed a little - not because of the furniture, but because I knew it would be my daughter's jungle gym (remember, my earlier post about her being a climb-aholic).  Sure enough, after cake someone opened the box and pulled out the chair and Ash made a beeline for it!  At first I let her get on it (I took her shoes off!), but then she started getting really comfortable and jumping like it was a trampoline.  That's when I decided it was time to go home.  She was not a happy camper, but five minutes down the road, she was pooped!

1 comment:

Heidi said...

oooh...what a fun day! Ash looks like she had a blast! That cracks me up how she sleeps:) too cute!