Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Bath Time

Ever since we brought Ashlyn home, bathtime is what we feared the most. Not messy diapers or sleepless nights - but bathtime! She is so tiny and slippery and we had no clue what we were doing so we would dread it. The first couple of times we gave her a bath we used the little tub the hospital sent us home with and she just cried and cried. Well last night we decided to use the infant-to-toddler tub we received as a shower gift (thank you Casey!) and bathtime became so much easier. It has this netting material you fasten to the tub so that you can lay your newborns down into the water in it. I'm sure all of you experienced moms know exactly what I'm talking about, but Aaron and I clueless and were amazed at this contraption. Ashlyn actually seemed to enjoy the bath. She was able to stay in the warm water while we washed her and didn't cry at all until we took her out to dry her. Needless to say, we have conquered our bathtime fear. We are slowly but surely getting the hang of this "parenting" thing, and everyday things are getting easier. Now if I could just get some more sleep...

8 comments:

Demeri said...

Oh my gosh she is so cute!!! i remember "fearing" things too...my biggest one was, how in the world was I going to take a shower???? Crazy as it may seem i wasn't sure what to do with Gavin...(like he was going to walk away or something)!!! It all gets so much easy and more comfortable as time goes by!!! Enjoy her so much (which I know you two will)!!! Congrats Congrats Congrats!!! She is absolutely beautiful!!! P.S. ask away on any questions you have, I am sure we can all give our advice on whatever it may be!!!! ENJOY your first x-mas as parents!!!

The McGovern Family said...

I too know exactly what you and Demeri are saying! I remember actually scooting the infant playpen INTO the bathroom while I took a shower, just in case I had to jump out of the shower to save her or something! Then it got easier and easier. You guys ARE great parents...and everything will come so natural...(just like we were talking about at Heidi's party.)She is adorable! And like Demeri already said, enjoy your first Christmas as parents!

Heidi said...

So cute! CAn't wait to come see her again! Keep those pictures coming!!

The Brown's said...

Yay more pictures! I am freaking out about how cute she is! I am glad you got bath time down, its not as easy as it may seem or look! Love and miss you guys.

Kelly said...

She is so cute! You guys are going to be great parents. Thank you for sharing your journey into parenthood!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to have found you guys doing the whole blog thing! Congradulations on your beautiful baby! She looks so tiny. I swear I don't remember my kids ever being that little. Just hang in there on all you do for the baby. I know after I had kids I had a better apprectation for my parents. You always think your folks know what they are doing, but all parents I think just wing it! You learn as you go! Have a Merry Christmas with your new darling baby!! Brandie(Bell)Dragt

MamaQ said...

Cute!!! I'm trying to figure out how to follow your blog...I don't see where I can...any tips?

Amy said...

Becky - Wow! It's me Amy from DOR if you remember... How crazy. I saw a link to your blog from Echo's and am glad you had a picture of yourself posted. Congrats on the baby girl! It's so amazing. If you have any free time, check out my blog "our little family". Echo has a link on hers. Great to connect and see what is going on in your life!