Saturday, July 11, 2009

For the Fourth of July weekend we went up to Seal Rock up on the Hood canal. We met my mom and Roy up there and had a great weekend. After we got all set up on Friday, we all (Ashlyn, Aaron, and I) decided to take a nap in the trailer. It had been a really early morning for all of us and Aaron and I had been up late the night before so we were sleep deprived and really cranky! We ended up sleeping almost 3 hours! We obviously all needed it. When we finally surfaced from the trailer we strapped Ash in the stroller and went for a walk around the campgrounds to check things out. It was so beautiful, but really hot. I try to keep Ashlyn out of the hot sun so we stuck to the nice shady trails on our adventure. Once we got back we enjoyed a couple cold "beverages," and started getting ready for dinner. I fed Ash and she was ready for bed around 7:30. After tucking her in and watching her enter the "land of nod," I joined Aaron for the dinner around the campfire. I guess you could call it our candlelight dinner! My mom and Roy came up after dinner (they were in the campsite next to ours) and we had a couple nightcaps and chatted for awhile but we all called it a night at 10:30. We were all so tired.

On Saturday (the 4th), Aaron wanted to go clam digging (manilla). My mom and Roy already had their licenses so we just had to stop by a local store and get one for Aaron. Once we secured the licence we were off! It took awhile (and the help of local digger!), but they got their limits in about an hour or so. Ash and I went down to the beach for support and we had a great time.

After clam digging we headed back down to camp for nap time. After our nap, we went up to Mt Walker. You can either hike or drive up, but we opted for the air conditioned drive! It was absolutely AMAZING!!! Yes, I wrote that all in CAPS! If you are ever in the area and the day is clear, you have to take a trip up Mt. Walker. On one side you can see Pt. Angeles and Mt. Baker, on the other side you can see Mt. Rainier and the Seattle Skyline. It is truely one of the most beautiful places I have ever been. It one of those places that makes you realize how lucky we are to live in Washington.

After Mt Walker we had some dinner, got Ashlyn ready for bed, and got the campfire ready. we were surprised how well Ashlyn did with all the fireworks. She didn't wake up once! We chatted, listened to some Michael Jackson (courtesy of the camp next door!), and headed to bed about midnight.

All in all we had a great weekend! Here are some pics...

Ash sporting the red, white, and blue!

Mt. Walker...







Clam Digging...





On the beach




At camp in the jumper







"Mom, do you really have to take pictures of everything?"






Yumm!!!








View from Seal Rock Campsite.











3 comments:

MamaQ said...

Wow, that looks like a beautiful campspot with lots to do around it. Fun times! :)

The Brown's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Brown's said...

I am in love with Ashlyn! She is so amazing...I get teary eyed when I see her, she is so adorable. It sucks that I don't get to see her every day (or maybe a good thing for you, lol) I think I would be a clingy aunt, ha ha. Wish you lived closer. I miss her, I feel like I am missing out. Miss you guys too. Love ya!